Friday, July 1, 2011

4 Weeks Until Take Off!

Dear friends,

DEPARTURE COUNTDOWN:  My estimated departure date                
 - July 27th - is 4 weeks (or 28 days) from yesterday!

PRAYER UPDATE:  Please pray that God will…
·         Grow my love for Him and desire to dwell in prayer and the Scripture
·         Strengthen my courage to speak the truth in love and invite people to know and serve God with me
·         Connect me with those whom God wants to be a part of my financial and/or prayer support team
·         Continue to bring healing to my body after being sick with the flu
·         Bring healthy closure with my family and friends here before I move

FINANCIAL UPDATE:  Thanks to all of you who have already given!  As of the beginning of the week, I am currently at 37.84% of monthly support raised for the two years.  With my one-time gifts and my monthly pledges ($537.00/month) I have a total of $626.94 for 2 years, which equals out to be 37.84% for 2 years. 

If you are interested in being a part of my financial support team, please contact: http://www.teachbeyond.org/donate and “download pledge form.”  If I had 21 more people giving $50/month, I would be fully supported.  Please email me if you would like to know more: mwaters@teachbeyond.org.

TEACHBEYOND ORIENTATION UPDATE: Several days ago I returned from the Chicago area after visiting dear friends, presenting the BFA ministry, as well as attending the TeachBeyond orientation.  I was touched by the hospitality of so many people who opened their homes and hearts to me.  God knew I needed that encouragement.  

After spending a week of orientation with the TeachBeyond staff and new appointees (like me), I grew to deeply respect and appreciate the TeachBeyond family.  It is clear from their words and deeds that they care about us each like family and pray for us as individuals.  They wanted two copies of our picture prayer cards: one for the Canada office and one for the US office, so that they could put our cards around their world map and pray for us regularly during lunch time. 

Some of these appointees in training with me will be going to Black Forest Academy, too!  It was neat to start bonding throughout the week and in region, job, and gender specific breakout sessions.  I really enjoyed those times.  

A highlight of the day was the evening testimonies, where affinity groups (dorm parents, counselors, resident assistants, nurse, etc. were primarily in mine) had five minutes to tell briefly about how God has worked in their lives and brought them to this place; then we prayed for them.  These staff members are from all over Washington, California, Canada, Minnesota, Indiana, Ohio, Alabama, Germany, and beyond, and are going to serve in Germany, Czech Republic, Central Asia, Budapest, Philippines and beyond.  

ENCOURAGEMENT:   After I shared my testimony, BFA man came up to me and said, “Two words. Hold fast.”  He went on to explain that if he were to get a tattoo, it would be of the words, “hold fast,” across his knuckles because he knew the sober reality of being tempted to reenter our former, destructive ways of living.  

So, friends, be encouraged by Hebrews 10:35, NLT, “So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord.  Remember the great reward it brings you!  Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will.  Then you will receive all that he has promised.”

Peace be with you,
Michelle