Friday, July 22, 2011

6 Days: Prioritizing and Preparing for the Long-Haul

Dear friends and family,
MY SCHEDULED DEPARTURE: 
Wednesday, July 27 at 1:30 P.M., EST, 
from Louisville.
 
Knowing I have 6 more days in the States for a while has led me to think about what really matters and what are my priorities. I am grateful for people encouraging me along the way to prepare in advance for goodbyes, so that they are not crammed last minute.  Thankfully, I have been intentional to find closure for myself and others as much as possible.  I am grateful that I have gotten to talk to many of you before I go.  I am excited to share this journey with you!

I've found a great deal of perspective in these last weeks from the book of Hebrews, particularly 11:9a, NLT: 

"And even when he reached the land God promised him, he lived there by faith - for he was like a foreigner, living in tents...."    

God has grown my faith greatly since I began the journey with TeachBeyond and preparing for Black Forest Academy in October 2010.  The Holy Spirit has exhorted me that the need for faith does not stop once my funds come in and my support network is built.   The reality is that in order to be sustained through God's ministry at BFA, I must continue in a life of humble dependency on the LORD and interdependence on others.  May the words of this song encourage you in your trust in the Lord for wherever you find yourself as they have me:

"God Is In Control" - Twila Paris Lyrics
This is no time for fear
This is a time for faith and determination
Don't lose the vision here
Carried away by emotion
Hold on to all that you hide in your heart
There is one thing that has always been true
It holds the world together

God is in control

We believe that His children will not be forsaken
God is in control
We will choose to remember and never be shaken
There is no power above or beside Him, we know
God is in control, oh God is in control
 
Financial Update:  I have only $551/month LEFT to RAISE: :)
Which is only 11 more people committing to $50/month or some variation of that. 

Prayer Update: Please pray that God will continue to grow my roots down deep in Him and enable me to discern and follow God's priorities for me before I leave this Wednesday, July 27th.
 
Thanks for your care, prayer, support and encouragement!
Peace be with you,
Michelle Waters
I'd love to hear from you: mwaters@teachbeyond.org