Friday, July 8, 2011

3 Weeks Bridge the Gap between America and Germany

Just three more weeks, Lord willing.
Just three more weeks bridge the gap between America and Germany for me.
I am extraordinarily humbled and excited by the generous financial and prayer support of my friends and family over the last weeks.  I am amazed by the ways individuals, families, and churches have given sacrificially, reminding me of the widow whom Jesus praised in the Gospels (Mark 12:43-44).

In the last weeks, I've gotten a poignant picture of what the Body of Christ ought to look like - her members using their various gifts in the same mission to honor God.  

I am reminded of an art exercise in my senior counseling course where I had to depict "where I was at" holistically at that point as well as "where I wanted to be." [The result was the picture on the right.]  Despite all the unknowns of my then impending graduation, I felt two things strongly: 
  1. I had to remain rooted "in stream of living water"        (Psalm 1:3)
  2. I had to be a part of a team of people on the same mission for Jesus, serving with their various gifts while valuing what the others contributed              [represented by boat in tree].
As far as support-raising and preparing to serve at Black Forest Academy, I need people with various gifting and in different seasons of life to contribute what God has given them to use.   
I am blown away by how much "little things" to some people are big things to me and bless me beyond words:
  • Some cannot give $, but they are fervent prayer warriors and passionate advocates
  • Some give of their time to help with administrative tasks and prepare for support development
  • Some email me advice on how to prepare and encourage me with what God is teaching them
For all those using their various gifts and resources to partner with me - I am deeply grateful and overflow with thanksgiving to God for His graciousness.  May God continue to be honored!

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.  Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT).
Peace be with you,
Michelle
I'd love to hear from you. Email me at mwaters@teachbeyond.org.