Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Indeed - Scotland/Germany

Even though I did not go back to the States for Christmas, I thought of you all.  I had a fantastic break on this side of the Ocean.

The first half I spent in Edinburgh with some Scottish friends, who I met at Moody in Chicago (they and there family just took me in as part of the family - it was touching!);---[see right]

and in the second half of break, I recruited for Belfast Bible College (where I studied abroad there in 2007) and participated at the European Mission-Net conference in Germany [see photos].  Overall, I loved my time and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know life-giving people from all over Europe.

God knew I needed this time to reorient and be encouraged; although I enjoy my role in the dorm here in Germany, there is some comfort that I probably won't work with teenage boys forever. :)  In the meantime, I am seeking to be faithful in my work here while I do.

I start up again with my responsibilities on Saturday and the guys return on Monday. :)
Happy New Year to all! 
Love, Michelle