Monday, March 10, 2014

Not Bad Weather


A man in Switzerland once told me, "There is no such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing." I learned to layer my clothes when I lived in Germany and take walks when I saw the clouds were lifting.

I was not prepared to have such a perspective in Seattle until Chris and I invested in a long rain coat and boots for me.  The rain does come often here in Seattle but it goes, too.   Then the sun comes out for a while usually.

I've learned to adjust my plans.  When I see the sun cutting through clouds, I try to linger an extra minute on a street corner, or stop my bike to read for a couple minutes in the park.  If I wait another fifteen minutes, it could get breezy and drizzle.

I take my time outside without rain gear when I can get it.  But I can still be outside.  I will just need to invent a waterproof book page cover to use after work.