Thursday, September 6, 2012

New & Old Faces Warm My Heart

            Six new students and their families arrived at Maugenhard Dorm on Sunday afternoon.  
We welcome Seth (Senior), Taylor (Junior), Dylan (Junior), Daniel (Sophomore), Yobel (Sophomore), and Andrew (Sophomore).  

Returning students and staff filled Monday and Tuesday with enthusiastic reunions.  Seeing these students and staff again and their love for one another warmed my heart.  I can't believe my mother's words are coming from my mouth: "It just warms my heart to see them enjoying each other."  I feel like a proud mother!  :)

Daniel

Yobel
Seth
Timothy (Right - returning after 1 year away) 
Taylor
Andrew











             
             This year Maugenhard will have 19 students (7 Seniors, 7 Juniors, 4 Sophomores, and 1 Sixth Grader) and 4 staff (Mark, Sue, Frank and Michelle).

Please pray for the new guys' adjustment and integration into the dorm. 

            But as I think of the returning guys, and even the new ones, a lyric I heard once from Wicked the musical comes to mind: "Who can say if I've been changed for the better/but because I knew you/I have been changed for good."  These words seem cliche but capture my current sentiment remarkably well.

Dylan (far right) 

             I've heard the second year as a Resident Assistant is so much easier/better than the first.  Already I can agree.   I am blessed to have a foundation of friendship, trust, and common experience laid with many of these guys here.  This year I get to build on that trust and friendship.  I am already learning a great deal as I observe Frank, the other RA this year, about how to relate better to teenage guys.  Overall, I am excited to see what God is going to do in, through, and around me this year.  I really love these guys.  They are dear to me [but I say it less girly to them ;o)].

Love,
Michelle