Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Stomach Bug Strikes Again

Prayer update:

Although the snow is beautiful here, the winter sicknesses are here full on.  We have a bad case of the flu going around. One of our guys had to go to the emergency room the other night because of what seemed like Appendicitis, which was really this "bug" that's hitting really badly.

Staff is trying to keep immune systems boosted and illness quarantined.  Please pray for healing, encouragement and additional energy as we take turns doing what extra caring needs to be done.   It is a fantastic opportunity for us staff  to serve and love on these guys in a personal way in their time of weakness.

Overall, I am doing better.  I had a much needed break this weekend, where I was able to experience simple, yet profound, hospitality from my Spanish friend's family and members of a church plant in that city; even though I am fighting some sickness myself, my soul is refreshed from experiencing the Body of Christ in that way.  Thank you, God, for providing what you knew I needed!


Thanks for your care and support!
Michelle Waters